Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Cake Batter Balls

So here ya go!
My amazing recipe for Cake Batter Balls!
They are to die for & super easy!!
Where did I get the recipe you ask??
No idea, but I've had it for years!

Here is what you'll need:
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ cup yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Roughly 1/4 cup milk
sprinkles
8-9 squares of 1oz blocks of chocolate(Almond Bark or Baking)
 
Mix together butter and sugar with mixer until combined.
Then add cake mix, flour, salt, vanilla and mix thoroughly.
(Dough will be crumbly)
The add milk slowly
since you might need more or less to make a dough like consistency.
Mix in sprinkles by hand.
Then refrigerate dough for 10mins.
Once the dough is chilled, roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
(I was out of paper)
Then chill balls in the refrigerator to firm up while you melt the chocolate.
I wasn't able to find Almond Bark so I just used regular baking chocolate.
It still turned out great!

Now let's melt the chocolate!
If you have a double boiler, please use it!
I do not, so instead I...
Boil water...
Then place a bowl on top...
And over med-low heat start melting Chocolate!!
Then dip into chocolate
and shake of excess.
Then place on baking sheet.
Sprinkle with sprinkles!!!
Then repeat with the remaining balls!
Be sure to chill the Cake Batter Balls in the refrigerator until serving.
& it makes around 24-30.
For Jack's birthday
I did milk & white chocolate Balls!

I hope you enjoy!

Till Next Time,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment