Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Homemade Pretzels

My family LOVES homemade pretzels!
And theses pretzels are sooo easy to make!

Here is what you'll need:
1 package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups warm water
3 1/2 cups flour
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons baking soda
butter
kosher salt

In a large bowl dissolve yeast, brown sugar, salt & 1 1/2 cups water. 
Be sure to wait about 5-15mins for the yeast to activate. 
You will know it's ready when it starts to bubble like this:
Next, stir in flour
 and knead on a floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic.
Roughly 8mins.
Then cover and let rise in a greased bowl for 1 hour 
or until it doubles in size.
Now combine 2 cups warm water and baking soda in a pan. 
Cut dough into pieces and roll into a pencil thin rope.
 (we like ours thicker)
Then twist your rope into a pretzel shape and dip shape into the baking soda solution. 
Then place onto parchment covered baking sheet and let rise 15-20mins while your oven preheats to 450.
I personally love to use my Pampered Chief cookie sheet since I don't even have to grease it!
Then bake your pretzels for 8-10mins, or until golden brown. 
You can either melt a couple of tablespoons of butter and brush it over the tops of the pretzels. 
Or like me, just use the stick!
Then sprinkle with kosher salt.
And enjoy!

My family also loves Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels!
So of course I want to show you how easy they are to make! 

In a plastic bag mix together:

1 tablespoon brown sugar(we love brown sugar so I do 2 tablespoons)
3 tablespoons sugar
1-2 tablespoon Cinnamon
**These measurements are guesstimated since I just eyeball it**

Next you will baked and brush your pretzels in butter.
Don't forget to brush the bottoms.
Then place the pretzel in the bag 
and shake! 

I really hope that you enjoy these pretzels!
My dad LOVES them!


Till Next Time,
Kate









No comments:

Post a Comment