Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Lemon-Raspberry Trifle

I have always loved Trifle!
And for Mother's Day I received a..
Trifle Bowl!!
So of course I have to share with you my awesome Lemon-Raspberry Trifle Recipe!

Here is what you'll need:
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Water
Juice of 1 Lemon
3-4 cartons of Raspberries
1 med Jar of Raspberry Jelly
1-2 small Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Pound Cake

In sauce pan combine sugar, water & lemon juice over meduim heat.
*I also like to use the Zest of the lemon*
You will want to heat the liquid until the sugar has diszolved.
 BUT DO NOT BOIL!

While this is heating you can start slicing your pound cake.
Then once the sugar has disolved you can start spooning the liquid over the cake.
Be sure to coat it well!
And don't forget the backside.
I like to save a little extra liquid to add into the raspberry mix.
Next it's time to Whip the Cream!
My family likes lots of cream, so I always do 2 cartons.
Pour your cream into a bowl & mix on high!
If you have a stand up mixer PLEASE use it!
If not, then you might want to save the cream for last since you will be mixing it for a while.

Mix the cream until it starts to form thick peaks!
I like to leave my cream plain since it helps mellow out the overall sweet & tartness of the desert.
But you can always add sugar.

Next, you will want to clean and pat dry 2 cartons of raspberries(or more depending on the size of your bowl).
Then mix in the jam and lemon/sugar liquid.
Mash all together.
Then slice your cake slices into cubes.
Now comes the fun part!!
First place a layer of pound cake on the bottom.
Then add some berry mix!
Next add a layer of Whip Cream!
(I guess I forgot to take this picture. SORRY!)
Then repeat the process until you run out of room!
Be sure to end with a layer of whip cream
that way you can top with a layer of raspberries!
It should look like this when your done!
Another great idea is to...
I hope you enjoy!!

Oh, and don't be surprised if you see more trifle recipes in the future!
Now that I have a bowl I can't wait to make more trifles!!

Till Next Time,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment